The Supreme Court upheld the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act yesterday. So what does that mean to you?
– No more lifetime coverage limits on your insurance.
– Annual insurance benefit caps eliminated by 2014.
– No more preexisting condition exclusion for kids.
– Adults with preexisting conditions get help finding coverage; after 2014, all insurers will have to cover everyone.
– Insurance companies can’t drop you when you get sick.
– Kids can stay on thier parents’ insurance until age 26.
— Seniors get help with that “doughnut hole” in their prescription drug coverage.
– No more co-pays for preventative services in Medicare, and a free annual doctor visit to plan prevention.
– Small businesses get tax credits — up to 50 percent of premium costs—for offering workers health insurance.
– Insurers with excessive administrative costs must give rebates to customers, and all insurance companies must disclose overhead spending.
– Free birth control and other preventative services for women, unless they work for a faith-based organization that opposes it.
“10 Things You Get Now That Obamacare Survived,” Andy Kroll and Nick Baumann, Mother Jones
Want a second opinion? Take your pick: