Welcome to it, ‘Huskers! Here’s what Nebraska gets:
- No vote in Congress, but you’ll pay taxes to the IRS anyway
- Any political pissant from elsewhere can stop local elected officials from spending Nebraska state tax funds the way Nebraskans want
- Tax-exempt institutions — including foreign embassies and the Federal government itself — will crowd taxpaying businesses and residents off valuable real estate
- Commuters from neighboring states will take all your state’s good jobs, snarl traffic, rip up your streets and then complain about the potholes — but they won’t pay a dime of Nebraska taxes on the money they earn in Nebraska
- Main Street will be shut down for motorcades at unexpected, inconvenient moments
- Bollards will clutter every sidewalk, metal detectors and uniformed guards will block office building doors
And you know what else Nebraska will get, Mr. Sasse? No U.S. Senators!
Like other Nebraskans, Tea Party-lovin’ Ben Sasse is just regular “work-a-day folks” — if work-a-day folks went to Harvard and Yale, worked at the Boston Consulting Group, served as a DC bureaucrat for G.W. Bush, and over-extended a small Lutheran college so much that its accreditation is threatened.
Image by Mike Licht. Download a copy here. Creative Commons license; credit Mike Licht, NotionsCapital.com
Comments are welcome if they are on-topic, substantive, concise, and not boring or obscene. Comments may be edited for clarity and length.