– No more lifetime coverage limits on your insurance.
– Annual insurance benefit caps eliminated by 2014.
– No more preexisting condition exclusion for kids.
– Adults with preexisting conditions get help finding coverage; after 2014, all insurers will have to cover everyone.
– Insurance companies can’t drop you when you get sick.
– Kids can stay on thier parents’ insurance until age 26.
– Seniors get help with that “doughnut hole” in their prescription drug coverage.
– No more co-pays for preventative services in Medicare, and a free annual doctor visit to plan prevention.
– Small businesses get tax credits — up to 50 percent of premium costs—for offering workers health insurance.
– Insurers with excessive administrative costs must give rebates to customers, and all insurance companies must disclose overhead spending.
– Free birth control and other preventative services for women, unless they work for a faith-based organization that opposes it.
“10 Things You Get Now That Obamacare Survived,” Andy Kroll and Nick Baumann, Mother Jones
Want a second opinion? Take your pick:
“America’s health care system is neither healthy, caring, nor a system.” Walter Cronkite
“Of all the forms of inequality, injustice in health care is the most shocking and inhumane.” Martin Luther King, Jr.
“Millions of our citizens do not now have a full measure of opportunity to achieve and enjoy good health. Millions do not have protection or security against the economic effects of sickness. The time has arrived for action to help them attain that opportunity and that protection.” President Harry S. Truman
“Comprehensive health insurance is an idea whose time has come in America.” President Richard M. Nixon
Short link: http://wp.me/p6sb6-dsU
Image by Mike Licht. Download a copy here. Creative Commons license; credit Mike Licht, NotionsCapital.com
Comments are welcome if they are on-topic, substantive, concise, and not obscene. Comments may be edited for clarity and length.